Spinach Zubriac Lasagne
A non-traditional vegetarian pasta meal! This method is quick and easy once you have the few ingredients. Years ago when my kids were small and I was hustling to get dinner on the table, I spontaneously decided to skip individually layering all the ingredients according to my mom's (pictured above) original recipe directions. Preferably I combined all ingredients together in a bowl and layered this mixture between the lasagne noodles. My modified method was uncomplicated, straightforward and I saved valuable time and stress under! Plus, this method became my new "go-to" for this recipe. My kids also loved this "kid-friendly" pasta dish!
8 ounces lasagne noodles, boil or oven ready
24 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrost and drained
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
32 ounces cottage cheese, low fat, small curd
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Italian herb spice, sprinkle as desired
16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (or similar), grated
½ cup parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9inx13in lasagne pan.
2. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the well-drained spinach.
3. Mix cottage cheese, eggs, parsley and Italian herbs together in a large bowl. Stir in Monterey Jack and parmesan cheeses. Finally combine spinach to the cheese mixture. Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
4. Layer noodles on the bottom of the lasagne pan. Begin layering cheese/spinach mixture over noodles repeating twice, ending with cheese/spinach mixture on top.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until lasagne is bubbly.