- Becky M
Simply made using only a saucepan, bowl and muffin tray! This recipe is a lighter, airier muffin my mom has been making as long as I can remember and I continue to use the same version during Passover. Serve at the seder to accompany eggplant and other spreads or ideal for sandwiches during the week. Stores well!
Makes 8 muffins
⅔ cup grape seed oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water
2 cups matzah meal
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Bring oil, salt and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
3. Remove from heat and mix matzah meal into the water. Set aside and let mixture cool.
4. Once cooled, transfer to a bowl. Using a mixer, add one egg at a time, until well blended.
5. If tins are not nonstick, lightly grease the muffin tins. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
6. Lower temperature to 300°F and bake for 25 minutes more.
7. Cool and remove Popovers from muffin tins.